Piano Moving in Charlotte, NC
Whether you are moving to a new home in Charlotte, to another city, or out of state, the process can be quite a challenge, especially if you own a piano or other bulky items. It takes specialized skill and experience to move a piano safely without damaging it in the process.
When you choose moving services from our team at Road Haugs Moving & Storage, you can rest easy knowing that hard-to-move items like pianos will be in good hands. We offer specialty moving services for pianos and other large items in Charlotte and beyond as part of our standard local moving and long-distance moving services. With over 40 years of industry service, our second-generation, family-owned moving company has the experience, equipment, and skill to move your piano safely, with the full care and respect that it deserves. Because we’re the preferred piano movers for Steinway & Sons of Charlotte, you can rely on our piano moving services to get your treasured instrument to your new home in great condition.
Why Pianos Need Special Care During Moves
It takes tremendous care and attention to detail to move a piano from one home to another unscathed. Not only is a piano bulky, heavy, and hard to move, but it is also quite delicate. From the fine wood exteriors to the strings, hammers, and soundboard, any impacts, drops, or shocks could lead to costly damage or at the very least, knock it out of tune.
At Road Haugs Moving & Storage, we have all the specialty rigging and hoisting equipment to move a piano safely without damage to your piano or to your home, and without injuries to our personnel. We make the piano moving process as easy and convenient as it can be, and we will work diligently to keep your piano protected from harm.
Piano Models We Move in Charlotte
When you need a trusted team to move your piano in the Charlotte area, turn to our experts at Road Haugs Moving & Storage. We move all types of pianos, from 300-pound upright pianos to 1,000-pound grand pianos, including:
- Concert grand pianos: Some of the largest pianos available, concert grand pianos feature a horizontal string arrangement with a length of about 7 to 10 feet. It takes special equipment to maneuver a grand piano in and out of a home without damage.
- Parlor grand pianos: Slightly smaller than a concert grand piano, the parlor grand piano is typically between 5 ½ feet to about 7 feet long, making it a bit easier to move successfully.
- Baby grand pianos: Typically just shy of 5 feet long, baby grand pianos feature a horizontal string arrangement similar to other grand pianos but they are significantly lighter and easier to move.
- Upright pianos: With a smaller footprint than grand pianos, uprights feature vertical string arrangement with a height that ranges up to about 39 inches for a spinet piano, 44 inches for a console piano, 47 inches for a studio piano, or 48 inches and above for a full upright. Upright pianos tend to be easier to move than grand pianos, and they can fit through many doorways with minimal effort.
- Digital pianos: Available in many shapes and styles from keyboard-sized instruments to full uprights, digital pianos lack much of the weight and bulk of traditional pianos, making them quite easy to move.
No matter the type or size of your piano, you can count on our team at Road Haugs Moving & Storage to move it safely. Call 704-492-5311 or contact us online to learn more about our piano moving process.
Trust Road Haugs for Your Piano Moving
From large uprights and grand pianos to pool tables, hot tubs, gun safes, aquariums, and more, Road Haugs Moving & Storage has the equipment and experience to handle all your heavy and bulky items. Our specialty moving services can make your local or long-distance move simple and stress-free, and we feature friendly, reliable service with experienced full-time employees, not temporary workers or day laborers. We are fully licensed and insured, and our company is certified by the American Moving & Storage Association, the Carolina Movers Association, and more. From our piano moving services to packing and storage, you can expect unsurpassed care and professionalism with every service we provide.
Ready to move you near and far
Whether you’re moving down the street or across town, turn to Road Haugs for full-service local moving that takes the stress out of your change of address.Local Moving
long distance moves
A long-distance move can be complicated & stressful. Let Road Haugs professionals handle the heavy lifting so you can settle into your new home with ease.Long distance moving